Research Articles regarding ME and FM (Updated April 2017)
by Susan Katz
Here is a list of recent articles about ME/FM and links to the full article. We have included this list of recent articles as a feature service in our newsletter to save you time and energy in searching the Internet. You can just click and read! The articles range from those of general interest about ME/FM to those that are scientific or technical.
General Interest Articles and Videos:
Q&A on ME/CFS Research with Dr. Ron Davis
Janet Dafoe, an ME/CFS Caregiver, Speaks about Living with the Disease
An Update on ME/CFS Research with Dr. Ronald W. Davis
Getting It Wrong on Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME)
Recent Articles by National Pain Report:
- 10 Reasons to Fire Your Fibromyalgia Doctor
- Trial Shows Positive Results for Treatment for Fibromyalgia
- Green Light LED Being Tested to Treat Chronic Pain and Fibromyalgia
- 6 Gadgets to Help Relieve Fibromyalgia Pain
- 9 Tips For Anyone Newly Diagnosed with Fibromyalgia
- A Year in Review: 2016’s Top Fibromyalgia Stories
A Doctor with Chronic Illness
By Amy Stenehjem, M.D
Did you have medical expenses? You may be able to claim them on your income tax and benefit return: More information here.
Tired of explaining ME/CFS? Report By Healthwatch-Trafford
Trump’s Budget Cuts Threaten Progress in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibromyalgia (ME/FM)
Unanimous vote in Georgia State House to support ME patients
The risk of suicide among ME/CFS patients is a staggering five times higher than the general population. Read this Spanish study.
How have selection bias and disease misclassification undermined the validity of myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome studies? Great article by Dr. Luis Nacul.
- Biomarker Research Advances in 'Chronic Fatigue Syndrome'
- Possible Mechanism Identified for 'Chronic Fatigue Syndrome'
- Immune-Modulating Agents Eyed for 'Chronic Fatigue Syndrome'
- Early Menopause and Other Gynecologic Risk Indicators for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome in Women
- Juvenile Primary Fibromyalgia Syndrome
- Cytokine Blocker Does Not Ease Chronic Fatigue
News from National Center for Neuroimmunology and Emerging Diseases
- Gold Coast researchers make Chronic Fatigue Syndrome breakthrough
- $4m grant to aid Chronic Fatigue Syndrome diagnosis
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome cell discovery may hold key to treatment
- Further clues in the fight against Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
Links to all articles related to ME/CFS that have been published at virology blog, and episodes of the science show This Week in Virology